We understand the challenges associated with having a heart condition. We are so proud of the accomplishments of our “heart warriors,” and want to support one graduating senior each year with a $1,000 scholarship toward their continued education. This scholarship is sponsored jointly by the Children’s Heart Center of Central Oregon and the Children’s Heart Fund of the St. Charles Foundation.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be:
- A resident of one of the following Oregon counties: Deschutes, Jefferson, Crook, Klamath, Lake, Harney, Grant, Malheur, Wheeler, Baker
- Graduating from high school in the year that you are applying for the scholarship
- Attending an accredited college, technical, vocational, or trade school
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Have a history of a congenital heart defect
This scholarship is not need-based, and you do not have to be a patient of CHCCO in order to apply.
Application deadline: May 1 of senior year in high school
1. Please complete the application form below, and upload the acceptance letter from the school you plan to attend.
2. Supplementary materials required:
a. Sealed transcript sent directly from your high school.
b. Recommendation letter from a teacher or guidance counselor.
c. A second letter of recommendation from another teacher, or from a community member not related to you, such as a coach or employer.
Letters should focus on the student’s character, integrity, and work ethic. All supplementary materials should be sent directly to CHCCO at:
Children’s Heart Center of Central Oregon
2041 NE Williamson Ct.
Bend, OR 97701
CHCCO Scholarship Application Form
This form is not encrypted. If you prefer not to submit your application electronically, you can type and print out your responses, and mail them to the address above.