Careers at CHCCO
The Children’s Heart Center of Central Oregon has an employment opportunity for an experienced, full time medical assistant.
We are the only pediatric cardiology practice in Central/Eastern Oregon, and we treat a wide range of cardiology issues from the prenatal period through young adulthood.
The medical assistant works closely with all team members including front office staff, nurses, cardiac sonographers, and physicians.
- Scheduling of patient visits and cardiac testing
- Measurement of vital signs
- Answering phone calls
- Processing incoming and outgoing referrals
- Processing orders for radiology and genetic testing
- Cleaning exam rooms
- Placement of ambulatory monitors and blood pressure monitors
- Performing EKG’s
- Preparation of patient charts
- Taking payments
- Running clinics and ensuring smooth clinic flow
- Minimum three years of experience in medical clinic, including EHR experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Multitasking and organizational skills
- Friendly, welcoming, and adaptable personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with children of all ages, and from diverse backgrounds
- Passion for learning and providing high quality care
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Please email us at email@example.com, or use our contact form, if you are interested!
Pediatric Cardiac Sonographer
Full-time or part-time position for an experienced pediatric/fetal cardiac sonographer in Bend, Oregon. Located on the slopes of the Cascade mountain range, Bend is acclaimed for its natural beauty, sunny climate, culinary scene, and many opportunities for world-class outdoor recreation. Bend is pet-friendly, and a great place to raise a family. To learn more about Bend, OR, please visit https://www.visitbend.com.
We are the only pediatric cardiology practice in Central/Eastern Oregon, serving a growing population of over 250,000. We work closely with children’s hospitals in the Pacific Northwest, but there is no local surgical program. This position is in a single location, outpatient clinic, with no travel, and no night or weekend call. The sonographer performs transthoracic and fetal echocardiograms on a wide range of patients, from neonates to adults with congenital heart disease. The sonographer works closely with all staff members, including two pediatric cardiologists, an RN, medical assistants, and clerical staff, and establishes long term relationships with our patients.
Health insurance/dental insurance/401K
- Must be registered in pediatric echocardiography and experienced in fetal echocardiography
- Minimum 2 years experience at a children’s hospital, including knowledge of simple and complex congenital heart defects, and echocardiographic evaluation of post-operative patients
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be focused on quality and customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and adaptable personality
- Good time management skills